Awareness of these fraud scams is the best protection.
网络钓鱼 is a scam to deceive users into providing sensitive information such as credit/debit card numbers, PINs, 帐号, 可以玩滚球的正规APP的用户id和密码, 和社会安全号码. These are usually presented to the user via email with a sense of urgency in order to get the recipient to respond quickly. The recipient is asked to respond with the requested information or by accessing a link provided in the email.
鱼叉式网络钓鱼 is a more specific form of 网络钓鱼 where the sender may already have some details such as an 帐号 in order to make the email look more authentic. Or it may target employees of a particular organization to make it appear someone else with the organization sent the email. These emails may appear to be more personalized.
Whaling is an even more personalized form of 网络钓鱼 where individuals collect extensive information on executives or other key members of a company using various social engineering techniques. Most of these emails attempt to deceive the recipient into clicking a link or attachment within the email which would then install malicious software.
Vishing or Voice 网络钓鱼 termed “vishing” attempts to deceive users into divulging sensitive information over the phone, typically through automated customer service lines and Voice over IP services. Recipients may receive an email or text message that instructs them to call a number regarding a problem with their account. Once the targeted person (potential victim) calls that number, the automated service or perpetrators will ask the person to provide sensitive data such as their 帐号, 社会保险号, date and dollar amount of their last deposit/withdrawal, etc.
社会工程 is the act of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information usually through telephone or online communication. The term applies to trickery or deception for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or computer access; in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.
借口打电话 是一种社会工程吗. It is a scheme associated with identity theft in which a fraudster, pretending to represent a legitimate person or entity, calls an unsuspecting party seeking personal identification data, 比如社会安全号码, 密码, 账户信息, 账户活动, 最后一次存取款金额, etc.
Smartphones and tablets are portable computers, and therefore need similar protection. Here are some tips you can use to increase the security of your mobile device:
- Use 密码 for access, and set the screen lock for after fifteen minutes or less of activity.
- When not using WiFi or Bluetooth, turn those services off.
- Only download apps from trusted sources (such as iTunes for Apple and the Google Play Store).
- Before installing or using the app, understand the specific data and services the app can access.
- Change 密码 from accounts accessed by the phone if lost or stolen.
- When in doubt of an email, text, or voicemail, do not respond.
- Ensure the site is security enabled (a web address that begins with http://)
- Don’t give your financial information to callers you don’t know.
- Don’t be pressured into making an immediate decision.
- Get all information in writing before you agree to a purchase.
The 网上正规网投实体 vault of awareness links and sites from reliable sources. We update this list frequently so check back for more ways to protect yourself or your business.
田纳西州商业部 & 保险
田纳西州老龄问题委员会 & 残疾
- 联邦调查局 >
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service >
- U.S. Secret Service >
- Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations Division >